2 Samuel 21
We have finished the chronological recounting of David’s life in 2 Samuel. The Author now includes a few additional stories and details in 2 Samuel 21-24. The first of these stories is a time of famine in the life of Israel and how David dealt with this famine.
The Study: As the Lord leads read 2 Samuel 21 this week. Below are some questions and answers as you interact and study through the passage.
– What caused David to seek the LORD’s face? (21:1)
– What did the Gibeonites ask for to remedy the situation? (21:2-6)
– Was this penalty a just course of action? Why or why not? (21:2-6)
– Why do you think the Author lists the sons offered up? (21:7-9)
– Why do you think Rizpah’s actions are described in such a detailed way? (21:10-11)
– What does David do in response? (21:11-14)
– Reflect: What do you think it looks like to seek the LORD’s face? (21:1)
The Memory Verse: Psalm 37:28, “For the LORD loves justice; he will not forsake his saints. They are preserved forever, but the children of the wicked shall be cut off.”