2 Samuel 9
David has been crowned king. God has given him a covenant. David has been victorious explicitly because of the Lord’s presence in his life. Now David turns to fulfilling a promise of his own.Some questions for you to ponder as you study 2 Samuel 9 this week:
– Why does David offer Mephibosheth kindness at this point in his life?
– What is the significance of David offering kindness to a former enemy?
– Why does Mephibosheth act the way he does when he is brought into David’s presence?
– Does the author give Mephibosheth’s response to David’s kindness? Why or why not?
– Why do you think the Author thought this story was important enough to include in his reporting of David’s life?
As the Lord leads, read 2 Samuel 8-9 as you prepare for this week. Study through 2 Samuel 9 as you process the questions above. The verse that follows the Sunday School curriculum is Psalm 51:10, “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.”