James 3:1-12 / Our Dialogue
James has something to say about how we speak. After giving a warning to those who would seek to be teachers, he describes the tongue using harsh words illustrating its destructive power. Much to meditate through this week as we prepare for worship this Sunday.
Here are some questions to think through as you reflect on the passage this week:
– What is the warning James gives in 3:1?
– How many illustrations does James give to illustrate the power of small objects in 3:3-5?
– How many negative descriptions of the tongue does James talk about in 3:5-8?
– Which description of the tongue stands out most to you in 3:5-8? Why?
– How many illustrations does James give to illustrate a required consistency in our speech in 3:9-12?
As the Lord leads, read through James 3 this week. Meditate on James 3:1-12. Hide God’s Word in your heart as you memorize James 3:6.